Stephen started music at an early age, taking piano lessons from the age of ten, during his teens he played keyboards with various cover bands while he continued private piano lessons.
He then enrolled in the University of Central Florida (DBCC Extension) where he majored in Music Composition. During his stay there he played Keyboards in the Jazz and Symphonic bands earning a full music scholarship.
Mr. Gilbert-Rivera also studied 6 years of classical piano under Alan Mason, noted Carnegie Hall performer and artist in residence (Daytona Beach, FL, Barry University professor). He continues to play and record with Jazz, Blues, and Progressive Rock bands such as Azureth, Cosmic Singularity, Stuey Blue and The Few.
Stephen now divides his time between album recordings, playing live and his duties here at MMCW, which include writing many scores for film, jingles, computer games, to songs for independent artists in every genre.
- Voting Member of American Society of Composers and Publishers (ASCAP)
- National Association of Composers
- Taxi – “The world’s leading Independent A&R Company.”
- American Composers Forum
- Contributor to Gamasutra – “The Art & Business of Making Games”
- Member of Film Music Network (FMN)
- Classical Archives